Boost St Patrick’s Day with La Fée
- Hot teaspoon
- 1 measure or shot La Fée Absinthe, 1 measure or shot Irish Whiskey
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 5 to 6 ounces freshly-brewed strong black coffee
- 2 teaspoons heavy or whipping cream, lightly whipped
- Place a teaspoon in a bowl with hot water to heat; let sit until ready to use.
- Preheat a coffee glass with boiling water so that it is really hot. Pour out the hot water and discard.
Add the brown sugar in the bottom of the goblet. Fill with strong black coffee to within 1 inch of the top; stir gently until sugar is dissolved. Add the La Fée Absinthe & Irish Whiskey; stir again and then let sit until the mixture is still.
- Using the hot teaspoon, place the spoon (back side up) in the glass. Gently pour the prepared whipped cream over the back of the teaspoon (held just above the coffee’s surface). Gradually raise the spoon as you slowly pour in the cream. This will result in a layer of liquid cream that floats on top of the coffee. Do not stir the cream in the coffee.
- Drinking the coffee through the layer of cream results in the rich, authentic flavour that the coffee’s drinkers originally enjoyed.
Makes 1 serving.