Sloes are ready to be picked for some festive fun! We hit the hedgerow, raided some gin (Tanqueray and Highgrove Organic)from the cellar and then thought it would be fun to pit it against La Fée Blanche Sloe Absinthe.
Ingredients & method
- 450g/1lb sloes
- 225g/8oz caster sugar
- 1 litre/1¾ pint gin or La Fée Blanche Absinthe Supérieure
- Prick the tough skin of the sloes all over with a clean needle and put in a large sterilised jar.
- Pour in the sugar and the gin [or absinthe], seal tightly and shake well.
- Store in a cool, dark cupboard and shake every other day for a week. Then shake once a week for at least two months.
- Strain the sloe gin through muslin into a sterilised bottle.
(recipe from bbc.co.uk)
We will have a comparative tasting in three months and update then!